Nitor Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nitor Guild

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inTeamspeak Status

Siege Organisation Protocol

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
HexerPsy
R1 - Piranha
R1 - Piranha
HexerPsy

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-08-06

Siege Organisation Protocol Empty
PostSubject: Siege Organisation Protocol   Siege Organisation Protocol Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 5:29 pm

ok first of all, i have something to offer. a solution to a problem thats been hanging around for quite some time now.

whats the problem:
members not knowing there is a siege, members showing up late or too late, party creation not going smoothly, open slots to be filled in the last minute for remeaning ppl, lag fest in front of dungeons that slow the group down, bad comunication in TS about the game plan, members running everywhere without knowing the plan, chaotic buffing.
yes, what im trying to adress is the weak organisation of our preparing at the siege. it is sad by on every aspect that after so many sieges against the rock, we didnt make many any improvement.

oh wait... we did... instead of running into the dungeon without any plan or making a plan as we go, now we have a plan. just half of us doesnt know it, or cant follow it clearly.

so id like to offer something of a protocol to work with. a step by step plan, guidelines. basically its devided in 3 parts:

1. Announcing - friday afternoon.
on friday its known whether we ll siege or not and against who or not.
currently there r members who dont know when the siege is and if there is a siege and have no details at all.
the first details should be posted on Facebook, Alien forum, Nitor Forum, TS, and any other board used by the alliance and their guilds.
Some1 has to be assigned for doing that, and get a list of links where to post it. in return the guild should be notified where to be able to find it. (ill voluenteer for that if needed)

2. Preparing for Siege - Less then 1 hour before siege
60 minutes to go - the alliance leader has to start gathering money from the dungeon. its prefered this is done before parties need to be created or have to be formed. a small amount of overlap is ok, but should be done at least 30min before time.
45 minutes to go - party leaders, guild leaders and pay out members will gather in a secluded channel in TS. the pay out list is discussed, party leads are given out, the plan is handed out. this can be done quickly and completely if others wont
40 minutes to go - party leaders move to the main TS channel and go to separate teleporters. (for CV there are 6 pts, the plan has been parties #1 and #2 go attack from the left and gather at teleporter A; parties #3 and #4 gather attack from the right and gather at teleporter B; parties #5 an #6 are defenders and gather at teleporter C) the partie leaders will invite members to their party.
15 minutes to go - all parties must be full, all lists must be written down, all members will have be to at their respective teleportersall party members must be in TS at least listening. (those coming late will not get a spot, those without TS will not get a spot - there are plenty of members who will do the effort to be on time and get TS to join in.) party leaders will explain the game plan in their own party chat. where they will go and what they will do and that they will be working together with the other party. i must be typed and understood by all.
5 minutes to go - all members must be fully buffed, if buffers are exchanged to buff at a other teleporter they should be back by now. all items must be traded, taken care of, in ur bag. it should be as rdy that the siege could start right there.

3. Siege Starts
First the main attacking party teleports at seeing the notice. NOT earlier.
Then after most of the first wave is in, the sign for the next group will be giving in TS by the party leaders. The 2nd attacking party teleports.
Then as last the defending party teleports and goes in.

4. (kind of a part) Pay outs after siege
we dont need to fit this in before siege if there is no convenient time for it or way to do it.

This should give most ppl heads up to what will go on, will be organised clean and smoothly, and as lag free as possible.
Rock sieges should be done strickly by this protocol. its excilent to practice and we have to make use of that!
a few arguments at my choices:
- gathering money and doing the lists is not handy during the organizing fase
- last minute changes in the parties do not work out well. ppl who are not sure to be there cant be waited for endlessly, they should be there already.
- TS is very easy to get, even to listen to. it should not be much of a problem to get that. (note: u need TS 2, TS 3 is out but we work with the previous version)
- separeting parties to teleporters makes it easy to find out what ur job is during the siege. u can also see ur colleges and recognise them in siege, so u know better who to back up and what move every1 is making.
- sequenced teleporting to the dungeon after the start will clear any lag coming from the attackers who gather there a few minutes before start. also because we are not all together there we wont lag each other out, inside or outside.
If this protocol were to be followed, members have something to count on. its set and will be followed. members will know where they are at during every given moment of time before, during and after siege.
Back to top Go down
HexerPsy
R1 - Piranha
R1 - Piranha
HexerPsy

PostSubject: Re: Siege Organisation Protocol   Siege Organisation Protocol Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 8:32 am

For Those Who Dont Know When It Is Or How Late It is:
Time Untill Prepping Starts (meaning, be sure to be online in game and TS by then)
Time Untill Siege Starts
ive set the times for my time zone, so dont worry about the actual clock time. Its the count down that matters.
Back to top Go down
Duke
Site Admin
Site Admin
Duke

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2007-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Siege Organisation Protocol   Siege Organisation Protocol Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 6:57 am

Sounds like some good ideas...Just working on how I can make some of them work...
Back to top Go down
https://nitorguild.forumotion.com
HexerPsy
R1 - Piranha
R1 - Piranha
HexerPsy

PostSubject: Re: Siege Organisation Protocol   Siege Organisation Protocol Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 9:53 pm

its seems fine so far, just need to make ppl know of it and have the pt leaders work by it.

as for the convicing of the ppl - think the lag fest and much better sieges will do.
if needed just kick those who dont listen or dont have the requirements (TS and on time, not moving to their teleporter). if its a rock siege be strickt. the 2mil bonus doesnt need to be for free.
Back to top Go down
boombastik
R1 - Piranha
R1 - Piranha

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Siege Organisation Protocol   Siege Organisation Protocol Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 8:43 pm

2nd of all Razz u have all these ideas and never spread the word out to anyone like the pp siege we did for example ive told u a couple of times that we need to get organized but that just got ignored and when we did have the chance to get it when i knew x was gonna give it up i got ur response "ummmm not a good idea and i have nothing to say in matters of siege O.o" so i left it as that. u have alot to say for someone i havent seen on ts in maybe over a month. either way if u see a prob in improvements or whatever best thing would prolly be before or after a siege when ts is full maybe. thinking before u talk and setting ur thoughts into action is what u need to think about its not like we dont take new ideas into consideration.
Back to top Go down
raishaii
R1 - Piranha
R1 - Piranha

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Siege Organisation Protocol   Siege Organisation Protocol Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 3:40 pm

Ok
I don’t want to write a long elaborated response so Ill do point form instead! YAY

- Not everyone is around on Friday and not everyone checks the boards etc so this way of informing people is lacking - maybe an emailing group or something would b better - for example I rarely check forums but I do check emails every so often :O maybe even twitter :O NOOO im joking

- When and how the dungeon is emptied is to the discretion of the alliance leader. It has not failed us yet.

- Pay out can be done afterwards - people wont be going anywhere if you owe them money

- Using separate teleporters could be an idea but it won’t reduce lag as much as you think. Reason being all the others guilds show up at the same time. Once you’re inside it isn’t so bad
I think it could only b a good idea if we had attacking parties - for them to go inside first. This will give them less lag and let them run quicker. But they would have to wait until after other guilds go in and that’s a risk... Also our plan doesn’t always involve attacking IE digitalrealms we defended. In the end it MIGHT cause too much confusion and be more detrimental to the process.

- If youre not in TS and not on time you dont get a party? This doesnt fly with me. Some people do not have the ability to show up an hour or half an hour before the siege. Those who make it - even after siege starts - should be invited if there is room obviously. The only people who suffer here are the smaller fries. I.E I am sure if varlon showed up 15 mins late you would make an exception, which in the end isnt fair..
TS is another issue. yes it would b ideal if everyone is on TS but - be realistic. Saying you cant contribute just because you dont have TS is lacking as a protocol. I mean you can type the plan just as easily as talking in TS. Sometimes its more difficult in TS to know whats going on cause of all the chaos. A similar effect would b for the party leader to repeat the plan every time someone joins the party to make sure everyone is getting it.
Also not everyone has working hardware 100% of the time - i mean look how long it took me to get a working MIC

- On the point that all party leaders should b informed about the plan of attack 1 hour before - although this would b a good idea we have to b realistic. Not everyone has the time for this. Maybe 30 mins before... Or have a default plan that we can use in case of RL lag o_O

- I do however like the idea that each party have their own channel in TS. But need to work out how the party leaders will communicate with each other...and the coordination between teams will be difficult..

- Another point - buffs will work out for themselves. You dont need to plan the buffs before a siege starts

- In response to section 3: Its way too complicated to follow

- In response to the whole darn thing WE NEED TO SIMFLIFY not complicate sieges. And we need to keep in mind one of the most important part of the siege HAVING FUN! With all your protocols I feel like im back in school or at work. Sad I mean last time I wrote something this long it was for my psychology thesis o_O!

- Another last tidbit - No matter how well something is planned there will always be someone running ahead....cough cough....

Oh and by the way i said i didnt want to write an elborate thing..well I lied. I think I might have typed more than hex Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Siege Organisation Protocol   Siege Organisation Protocol Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Siege Organisation Protocol
Page 1 of 1